Resources For Support
Would You Like To Be A Resource?
I'm looking for resources that help support others. I think one of the things that helps all of us in life is when we have others we can turn to for support. For a long time in my own life, I did not have that. My family was not there for me. Friends were difficult to make and keep. I had secrets and shame-filled moments in my life that I didn't want anyone to know.
Why This Matters?
When I first started dealing with all that I had been through (read my book to learn more), there was no online social media like today. I often felt very alone. If it wasn't for the help of places like Voices and Male Survivor, it would have been more difficult. There was also another message board in the early days called MASSF. Unfortunately, Voices and MASSF are no longer around to help.
There are many times that I see people hurting or they come to me and I'm just not sure where to send them. I struggle to keep up with everyone out there. So, I wanted to make a page on this site that is dedicated to resources that help others in the area of mental health issues, Conversion Disorder, child abuse, psychological abuse and overall alternative therapy.
A Starting Resource Point For Help
Most of the resources listed here are from people I have met. There's no way for me to evaluate their effectiveness, but maybe by my listing them here, it gives you a starting point for your own journey.
- Alternative Therapy
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Coaching - Health/Life/Trauma
- Conversion Disorder
- Mental Health Issues
- Psychological Abuse and Bullying
- Suicide Prevention
- Trauma Healing
What Resources Am I Looking For?
- Individuals and/or organizations that are helping others deal with any of these categories through websites and online social media.
- Respect plays a part of the individual or organization's presence with love and compassion at the forefront.
- Political or issue-oriented groups are not necessarily a fit here. It is possible that they are, but I would deal with this on a case by case basis.
- There needs to be some way of a person contacting you online through social media. I don't want to have anonymous resources on here.
- Promotion of products that are created by you and help offer support in these categories is allowed. No spam allowed!
- We are here to support each other to make the world a better place.
- If you're unsure, feel free to ask me if it fits.