We all have time to get rid of stress in our life, but it is easier to keep ourselves busy. Often, we do not make it a priority to relieve stress. We need to find ways to relieve stress and make it a priority.
How to relieve stress in life is sometimes a million dollar question. Yet, so many of us do very little to lower our stress levels. We talk about ways to relieve stress. Maybe once or twice a year, we schedule some vacation time or an extra day off. The rest of the year, we push through life, ignoring what stress does to the mind and body.
We all have time to get rid of stress, but it is easier to keep ourselves busy. Often, we do not make it a priority to relieve stress. We need to find ways to relieve stress and make it a priority.
Here are some ways to relieve stress. It is not a complete list, but I hope it will spark your own creativity. Please feel free to leave a comment below with ways that help you relax. You might just help spark the imagination of another person you’ve never met!
- Listen to music in a quiet location.
- Sleep to relaxing ocean sounds at night.
- Journal while listening to your favorite song.
- Enjoy a bubble bath with relaxing ambient music.
- Play music in the background while you work.
- Play music while you cook dinner.
Relieve Stress With Other People
- Call a friend on the phone.
- Give a hug to someone who needs one.
- Express your feelings instead of holding them in.
- Learn how to say no.
- Don’t listen to gossip or spread gossip around.
- Say something nice to someone.
- Give a compliment.
- Disengage from the hateful rhetoric of social media.
- Learn how to be assertive and set healthy boundaries.
Mindfulness To Help Relieve Stress
- Realize that difficult moments in your life will pass.
- Stop and take a deep breath.
- Practice mindfulness each day.
- Spend time each day in quiet meditation.
- Listen to guided meditations.
- Connect with Yoga to help relieve stress.
- Practice QiGong to keep the energy moving.
- Get a weekly massage.
- Relax in your favorite chair and read a book.
Relieve Stress Through Body Health
- Eat healthier so there is less stress on your body.
- Exercise a little every day or a few times each week.
- Make time for sleep a priority.
- Drink plenty of pure water.
- Consume less sugar, caffeine, and low-quality foods.
- Try to take a walk at least once a day.
- Practice stretching throughout your day to get rid of stress.
Using Mood To Relieve Stress
- Laugh much and often.
- Give yourself a break.
- Don’t demand perfection in your life.
- Live in this moment, not the past or the future.
- Learn to forgive yourself and others.
- Value each minute you are given.
- Declutter your life, desk, and home.
- Spend less time on the TV, computer, and electronic devices.
Creativity To Relieve Stress
- Write your thoughts in a journal
- Find a hobby you enjoy and spend time doing it.
- Find creative activities that relax your mind.
- Make your life into a dance.
- Try something new that you would normally not do.
- Go outside and practice the art of cloud watching.
Use Emotion To Relieve Stress
- Work to let your feelings out, instead of holding them inside.
- Schedule time in your life to play and have fun.
- Don’t be afraid to cry as it can relieve stress.
- Look for the joys of life that make your heart sing.
- Identify moments of gratitude and create a gratitude jar.
- Smile often and to as many people as you can in a day.
- Reframe problems into possibilities.
Music To Relieve Stress